Thursday, September 1, 2011

Jenny's Neck Piece


When Jenny Rohrs of Craft Test Dummies asked me to lend a hand designing a neck piece to wear to a wedding, I was both flattered and slightly intimidated. I mean this gal knows EVERYONE in the art jewelry world! But in my favor, she's a good friend and knows how easily I can be persuaded to drop everything for the opportunity to play with wire. That and a cupcake bribe will work every time! :-)

So, we came up with a basic plan & color scheme and agreed on an asymmetrical look. I started by  making a "dahlia" focal and wiring it to a silver neck collar. Adding some randomly spaced beads and wrapping a strand of twisted wire through the piece completed the look. One final adjustment of the coils to create the illusion of a vine and voila! What do you think?

And she wears it so well!

8 comments:

  1. I think this is a stunning piece, Jenny! You will look fabulous at the wedding! And as a side note - I am wearing Eva's white dahlia necklace! Pictures are a must!!!!! Beth Martin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's gorgeous! And Jenny will get all kinds of compliments on it at the wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really looks so great on! The colors suit her so well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful and unique! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks so much ladies! Jenny really does wear it well! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will be published upon moderation.