Tuesday, September 27, 2011

If only I could get my act together.....

I was planning to enter the Jewel School Design Contest, I spent hours conceptualizing and creating a design around the theme "Crystal Cornucopia" and came up with a piece I really liked. A lot of jewelry I make is more of an artistic challenge, rather than something I would actually wear, but this one I'm already planning my Thanksgiving outfit around.

So I finished Sunday afternoon, patted myself on the back for getting done early and called it a day.  Heading home from the studio, I figured I would come in Monday morning, do the photo shoot with a fresh eye and submit in plenty of time for the Monday midnight deadline. Except the deadline was Sunday midnight....

RATS!!!!

I emailed Monday when I realized my oversight but was told very politely, nope, sorry, you can't submit beyond the deadline, that's why they're called deadlines. I was hoping they might have a moron exception clause, but alas, no....

So here's my creation, all dressed up and nowhere to go....