- Thin with mineral spirits to create a wash, paint or stain.
- Metal surface should be abraded for good adhesion.
- Apply with a sponge, paint brush, clay shaper, cloth, stencil brushes, rubber stamps cotton swabs, or fingers.
- Apply in coats of different colors to create exciting textures and effects.
- Colors can be blended for more design options.
- Buff base coat immediately after application with a dry
cloth or one slightly damp with mineral spirits to remove Gilders Paste
from the high spots, but remaining in the recesses.
- After 12 hours of drying, lightly buff metallic colors to produce a gilded finish.
- Drying time varies depending on materials, thickness of
application and substrate, approximately 30 – 60 minutes to
the touch on dry, low porosity, debris free surfaces.
- Can be sealed with clear lacquer, varnish, or urethane, Sealing is optional.
- Re-hydrate with mineral spirits.
- Apply above 60F.
- Store above 55F.
This article has been reprinted from http://blog.cooltools.us/