Monday, March 26, 2012

Kevin Potter's Purple Hydraulic Press

I have one in my studio!!! Thank you Kevin!!!!! 
"This new style is stronger and only has welds in the compression state - no welds in a tension state. The press is also powder-coated purple. Other colors soon to follow. It takes a 20 ton jack - either standard height or low profile. The 5 x 5 upper platen is magnetic. It still contains all the features that made the previous models so popular: anti-tip platen; nylon platen guides; efficient tool mounting system; elegant design as well as all US-made components in the frame."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhnEJIwiVFE&feature=player_embedded#!

6 comments:

  1. WooHoo - new toys! Uh, I mean serious jewelry fabricating tools.

    Which dies did you get?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no dies yet, no jack yet, still in the box, I'm a little afraid of it... :-/

      Delete
    2. Oh, I must come up and play ... ;-) I used one in a class at the Campbell Folk School and fell in love. I've wanted one ever since and am thinking about getting one of the Potter models soon. There are some fairly good instructional videos on YouTube. Let me know if you want links.

      Delete
  2. How about an update? Are you using your press yet? I want to see some of your work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here you go Lisa;
      http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3831/10720930165_e8359b0ae5_c.jpg

      Delete

Your comment will be published upon moderation.