Sunday, February 5, 2012

Classes at Tucson Electric Park

I love teaching! For the past 2 days I've been teaching and demoing for jewelrytools.com at Tucson Electric Park. So. Much. Fun.  One of the greatest things about teaching, aside from the creative interaction and the passion that sparks back and forth between students, is that I always seem to learn something too. During the textured copper cuff class, we accidentally dropped a piece of hot metal on the plastic tablecloth, I said uh oh, my student said, why don't we just burn it off. When we did, we got the most unbelievable beautiful colors on the metal. Not sure the pic does it justice....

Several of the students also opted to leave there pieces un-pickled as the oxidization colors were so darn cool! Here are some more pix, what do you think?
YOJ Week 5 - Students Work



10 comments:

  1. The bracelets are way cool and I love the variety of stones in the rings...my eye is captivated by the green-yellow one on the left. Great eyewear, too!
    jenni

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I want to get to Tucson some year. :)
    ~Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you should Sue, it's like mecca for jewelry makers, :-)

      Delete
  3. It looks like that was a fun time. I love all of the creative goodness that came out of your classes.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Therese, I think I actually enjoy the classes more than the students... :-)

      Delete
  4. Hi Eva - I'm just blog hopping around through Lori's list of BSBP blogs and wanted to say "Hello" I wish I was in Tucson taking a graet class right about now. I'll be back - you've a beautiful blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks so much Sharon, I checked your blog out too, very entertaining...and educational too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pieces are just wonderful. It looks like everyone had a great time.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will be published upon moderation.