Wednesday, December 28, 2011

I finished!



Yes I did, I finished the 2011 Year of Jewelry Challenge! I made one piece of jewelry a week for the entire year. The last project was created yesterday afternoon when several instructors got together to create riveted rings under the tutelage of the charming and talented Kristina Malcolm. Bless her heart, Kristina put up with us like a real pro. Have you ever tried to teach a group of teachers? It's kind of like herding cats....

My ring has a piece of "crackled" beach glass as the focal, which is a shard that was probably burned in a bonfire before it got washed into the lake and mother nature did her job of tumbling and smoothing.

Some of my 2011 projects were epic failures, a few were created in classes I took, several became prototypes for classes I teach and to my great delight, quite a few of them sold. Feel free to check out my facebook album. All in all, I have to say the exercise was hugely inspiring and I can't wait to do it again in 2012.

Care to join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be published upon moderation.